Thursday, May 27, 2004

Richard Clarke

Yesterday, Richard Clarke told The Hill newspaper "I take responsibility for it. I don't think it was a mistake, and I'd do it again," concerning Osama Bin Ladens family leaving after 9/11.

Interesting. Wasn't it Richard Clarke who said the following to the 9/11 commission?

"The request came to me, and I refused to approve it," Clarke testified. "I suggested that it be routed to the FBI and that the FBI look at the names of the individuals who were going to be on the passenger manifest and that they approve it or not. I spoke with the – at the time – No. 2 person in the FBI, Dale Watson, and asked him to deal with this issue. The FBI then approved … the flight."

Isn't this the same man that the democrats were hailing as proof of Bushs ineptitude? This man can't get his stories straight and we are supposed to take him serious?

Maybe he's changing his tune now since the 9/11 commission said the President handled the flights properly.