Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Was it right or wrong

I was asked earlier this evening if I really thought we should have gone into Iraq. I could have given that pat answers, that we all have used but, I decided to really think about it.

My conclusion. Yes. To me, it wasn't about the WMD's. It was about terror. We are in a war against terror and that terror does not just include those who attacked us. We, as the only remaining super power, have the duty to try and stomp out despotic regimes across the world. We were right to go into Kosovo. We should have gone into Rawanda, we need to do something about the Sudan, which I will discuss in my next post. And we needed to go into Iraq.

There are millions of people in the world today who have no idea what real freedom is, and it is in the very nature of this country to try and bring the freedom we enjoy to those who don't know it.

These people had no choice in the government that leads them. And the only right thing to do is, to go after those men who opress them.