Friday, July 09, 2004

The man who would be president

In an interview with Larry King, John Kerry made the following statement.

KING: News of the day, Tom Ridge warned today about al Qaeda plans of
a large-scale attack on the United States. Didn't increase the -- you
see any politics in this? What's your reaction?

KERRY: Well, I haven't been briefed yet, Larry. They have offered to brief me; I just haven't had time [emph mine -- CE]. But all Americans are united in our efforts to defeat terrorism.

I believe that John Edwards and I can wage a far more effective war on terror than George Bush has. I think we can do a better job of making America safe. But in these days ahead, we all join together no matter what.


He can't make time for a briefing about a possible attack on the U.S. but, he thinks he can be far more effective in the war on terror?

I'd like to ask Mr Kerry just how he would do that, seeing the an intelligence briefing isn't worth his time. I'd also like to ask him to state a position on anything and actually stand by it. Alas, I doubt that will ever happen.

It all comes down to a matter of who will do a better job. Believe me, I am no champion of Bush but, with him I know where he stands on the most important issue that faces this country. With Kerry, he doesn't seem to have time.