Friday, August 20, 2004

Kerry and the Swiftboat vets

This has been the big news story for the last couple of weeks so, I figure I'll throw my 2 cents in and see what happens over the next couple of weeks.

I hear a lot of criticism about the vets making these claims. To me, these claims go to the very foundation of who John Kerry is. If true, I could never, and
this would be true no matter what party he belonged to, vote for him.
It's about honor , a lot of people don't understand how important
that word is to a person who has been in the military is. It is not
just a word or an adjective, it is a way of life. And if he has lied for the past 30
years, I want no part of him. And that's why I think it is important
for him to bring ALL of his papers forward. Prove them wrong, and I
honestly hope they are wrong. I in no way doubt the mans bravery, he
was in a shithole and deserves our admiration for that. If, however, these claims are true, nothing he could do or say would gain my support. He, if true, has dishonored everything that I stand for and have fought for.

Many people will say that this happened 35 years ago and should not be held against him. The problem with this is that he, not anyone else, has brought his record to the forefront of his run for office. If he is going to run on that platform than, it is his own fault if people may disagree with the way he saw things, and it is their right to stand up and say something.

Okay, for now that is all I have to say on this. We'll see what happens over the next week or so. I do have a feeling that something is being held back, I just don't know what. IT ought to be a fun few weeks.