Wednesday, September 15, 2004

And they said.........nothing

I just wasted 30 minutes of my life watching the CBS Evening News. I, for some reason, expected them to give me a little info on why they are still standing behind the documents they showed on 60 Minutes last Wednesday. What did I get, part of an interview with Marion Carr Knox which, from the looks of it, is a rehash of what she told the Dallas Morning Star and which I talked about here which will be shown on tonights 60 Minutes.

This is totally unbelievable. If for no other reason than to try and protect their name, CBS should be out therre every minute they can defending themselves. What we do get is things like, even if the papers are forgeries, the content should stand on its own. Well, no, if the documents are false, how do you come to the conclusion that what's inside of them is legit?

On another side of this issue. Since a rumor has come out that a member of John Kerry's staff is the one who gave these papers to CBS, don't you think it is in Kerrys best interest to make a statement on this? By CBS standing behind them and Kerry saying nothing, it WILL make people think that there is a connection. Just a thought.

I guess I'll waste some more time tonight and see what they have to say on 6o minutes.