Wednesday, September 15, 2004

I missed this

It seems CBS did put out a statement.

We established to our satisfaction that the memos were accurate or we would not have put them on television. There was a great deal of coroborating [sic] evidence from people in a position to know. Having said that, given all the questions about them, we believe we should redouble our efforts to answer those questions, so that's what we are doing

This from Andrew Heyward, President of CBS News.

"That's what we're doing"? Have I missed something? All I've heard from CBS over the last week is...... nothing. They been trying to cover their butts and all their "experts" are abandoning them. I also notice that they say the memos are "accurate" but they say nothing about the authenticity of them. Again I'll ask, how can something be accurate when it comes from a false source? Okay, maybe that's a silly question, let me change it. Why should I believe that the documents are accurate when they are forgeries? How can I trust your "source" when they offered you false papers?

One last question. If you are the President of a major news company, shouldn't you be able to spell, "corroborating"?