Friday, October 15, 2004

Doctors office etiquette

Yes, I know, it's the political season but, I'm taking the day off from it, unless something big happens. I was at the doctors office the other day and found that there are some REALLY rude people there so, I came up with some rules for when you go to the doctors office.

1. Do not tell me your life story and the THOUSANDS of things you think are wrong with you. I am not there to make friends. I am there because I have problems of my own. Light conversation,(weather, local news, gardening), are acceptable forms of conversation. The problems you are having with your hemroids aren't.

2. If you have a cold or the flu, for God's sake, bring a handkerchief. Sneezing into you hands, LOOKING at what you sneezed, and wiping your hands on your pants is not acceptable in polite society,

3. Trying to figure out what is wrong with the other people in the office just isn't done. I don't care what is wrong with them. Thier problems are their own.

4. Yelling because it is taking too long is stupid. You are in a DOCTORs office. Doctors have to actually examine their patients. They also have to sometimes give bad news, this takes time. All your whining does is piss everyone else off in the office, not at the doctor, AT YOU. Moron

5. If you have a bandage on, do NOT open it to look at it. Someone else will see it. They do NOT want to look at your nasty injury.

6. Men, calling the female office workers, nurses and so on, toots, hot stuff, sweetie and such names is a no-no. Also, commenting on their butts, breasts or other body parts, WHEN THEY CAN HEAR YOU, is kind of stupid. Remember, they are the ones who use the needles.

If you can think of any others put them in the comment section.

By the way, all of the above happened while I visited my doctor on Monday.