Wednesday, October 27, 2004

A moment of introspection

After the funeral this morning I decided to go and sit at the beach. As I sat there watching the waves, I realised how small we all really are. I began to think though. Even though we are all just small specks, we all can have an impact on the world. Some of us decided we wanted a life of service to our country. I know this isn't for everyone but there are ways each one of us can do something. We can try to right a wrong in our own neighborhood. We can do charitable work. Any number of things. Never think that you are just one person and can't make a difference. We ALL make a difference, if we try. We all want a better world but we sit and do nothing to make it better. It's far past time we got out of our little boxes and try and do a work to better the world. That could mean the world of your family, the world of our neighborhood, our city and on and on. Just TRY.