Sunday, October 31, 2004

My endorsement

I have been contemplating over the last few days on whether I should give an endorsement to either candidate. I finally decided, what the heck, why not.

My endorsement goes to George Bush. Why, you ask? Only 2 reasons. The War on Terror and tax cuts. After 4 years these two issues are the only two things I have REALLY agreed with Bush on.

The War on Terror. While I do have some problems with some of the things that have happened, I generally agree with what the President has done over the last 2 1/2 years. I do not think that John Kerry will prosecute the war in the way that I think needs to be done.

Taxes. The less of my money the government gets, the better. I earned my money and I should have the right to spend it how I see fit.

There are a lot of things that Bush has done that I totally disagree with, one is, not knowing what a veto is. But, because of the above two reasons, he will get my vote.

While there are some things that I agree on with Kerry, those above reasons are the most important to me and, I don't think he will do the job I want done.

There you have it, my endorsement.

Now, I don't care who you vote for, that is completely up to you. What I do ask is that you get off of your backsides on Tuesday and vote.


UPDATE: Allan made the comment "The electoral college emboldens the two party system thereby making a third party at best non-viable. At worst, irrelevent."

Harry Browne made a similar argument, although he didn't mention the Electoral College, that I commented on here. If I have time, I'll go into the electoral process tomorrow.