Wednesday, November 03, 2004

America has spoken

Well America, you spoke and you spoke loudly. John Kerry has just graciously conceded the election. I'm not going to go into the details of all that happened last night, you've probably been reading and listening to it all day.

Not only did Bush win but he won with a mandate. The Republicans also picked up seats in the House and the Senate.

As I said, America has spoken and I think what they said is loud and clear. They don't want a far left government, and whether Kerry voters like it or not, that is what they would have gotten with Kerry. There has been a SMALL shift to the right in this country and people think that Bush will do the better job. As I said in my endorsement, I voted for Bush because of taxes and the War on Terror. Hopefully, in this term, Bush will learn how the veto works and start cutting the size of the government. We will have to wait and see.

To the democrats among my readers, 2000 is over, the President has won, let's move on with the job of being Americans. I'm not saying there isn't room for descent, that is always a good thing. What I am saying is, Bush won, he won the Electoral College and the popular vote, by 3%. Let's just move on now.

To the Republicans, don't let this get to your head. Yes, you have won desisively but, it's time to cut the far right rhetoric and move on with proving to the world and, more importantly, to ourselves, that we can stand united as a country. Yes, we will disagree on some things but, we ARE Americans and it's is far past time started acting like it.

The election is over, thank GOD, let's put aside the insults and the rhetoric and act like the civilised nation that we are.

Now, I got that over with I do have to do a happy dance. Tom Daschle lost. HA HA HA HA HA!!!! Good work South Dakota.

Okay, back to being civilised.